If only we were in Vegas! That's right, as of today we have been 'officially' waiting for seven months. And while, yes, 7 is a lucky number, probably not for us. It looks like we are still on track with our original timeline, so we probably have about 5 or 6 more months until we get our referral, and about 9 or 10 months until the baby is home with us! We are just REALLY hoping the baby is home by Christmas!
Jon and I continue to plan out things to do around the house before the baby comes home. This weekend we went to Target and Toys R Us to see what kind of crib we may want. Jon was a little uncomfortable with it all at first, but after a few minutes he was shaking the cribs to see which one's were most sturdy. He is not happy with any that we saw, but I tried to explain to him that we are not going to be getting a Pottery Barn crib, and that there are safety standards, so I am sure the ones we saw will be just fine! We had fun though, going through the aisle's to see what we might want to register for. It will be very different than when registering for a newborn though, a lot of things we won't need since the baby will probably be around 9 months when they travel. It will definitely be an adventure.
As always we will keep you updated if there are any new events, otherwise, check back the 15th of each month for our monthly 'No News' update!
I leave you with these pictures of Jon. As some of you know, he prides himself on his pancake making abilities. They used to be HUGE, lately I have convinced him that they should be more silver dollar in size...he's not buying it and we usually meet in the middle. He said to me recently that he wanted to make sure that we had 'real breakfast' on the weekends after the baby gets here....I guess he was practicing this morning! And he wonders why he is so full still!
Kelly (and Jon too!)



No comments:
Post a Comment