Thursday, January 15, 2009

6 Months and counting

Well, it's official, today is marks 6 months since our information was sent to Korea, so 6 month of waiting down, and hopefully 6 monts or less to go until we get our referral! There is really no way for us to know for sure, but some of the families on the message board I read received there referral in as little as 9 months, while others are still waiting 14 months after their information was sent. Hopefully we are closer to the 9 month side, we just keep praying for patience!

Our first grant application is filled out, but we still need to write our personal statment of why they should give us $15,000....hopefully my marketing skills from college will make their way into that letter!! I am also getting a second job to try and off-set some of the expenses, I figure I can work until the baby comes, and then we will have a little bit more peace about the cost. Once school is done with, Jon hopes to get a job working with a friend of ours at a marina by our house.

Well, this isn't much of an update, but there has not been any news from Bethany Christian Services, so we just keep waiting. We do our 3-month update in a few weeks, so hopefully we will get an updated timeline then!

No comments: