Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Owen is 8 months today

Hi all! Well, it has been 2 months since we got the referral for Owen, and today is his 8 month birthday. Everyday I run home to check the mail to see if we have our immigration approval. Once we get that it should be about 4-5 weeks until he comes home. Hopefully we will have it soon!

Things are moving along with the nursery/upstairs renovation. My mom and I put the 2nd coat of paint on the walls in Owen's room Monday night, and my dad has been over every night working on getting the other room back together. I think we will be ready for the new carpet (I guess we better get that ordered) in the next week or so. And my goal of having the big stuff done by the end of Jon's summer break should be met!

We got an email from our Social worker last week that Owen was sick and had to stay overnight in the hospital 2 weeks ago. He is better now, just had a really bad UTI. It is so hard to know that he was sick and that there is nothing we can do about it. We just keep doing what we can to get ready for his homecoming.

I did the first load of O's laundry tonight, towels and washcloths from last weekends baby shower. It was fun (and yes I know, the thrill will be gone with that soon enough!) I also washed some of the cups and dishes we got this weekend. The shower was great! Thanks again everyone who made it possible.

I will post some new pictures of the renovation progress and the baby shower this weekend. Hopefully I will have another update with some new pictures soon!

Kelly (and Jon)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am praying every day that you get your I600 SOON!!!! I know what you mean about washing all the baby stuff - it probably will lose its excitement soon enough but for now it is great! Not long till our boys are here getting everything dirty!!