Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Five Months and Counting!

Well, as of today we have been 'officially' waiting for 5 months for our baby. Depending on a variety of things, we could be at the half-way point of waiting for our referral. We were told 10-18 months for our referral to come through. Right now, on the BCS discussion boards, most families have been waiting 12-13 months to get theirs.

Jon and I will be taking the next month to get 3 different Grant applications together. Some of them require letters of reference from our friends and family, some require copies of our taxes, and all require written letters from us explaining why we are adopting, and why we need help financially with the adoption. We are not banking on getting any of these grants as it seems everyone is struggling right now, but we are hoping (and praying) that something comes our way to take a bit of the burden of our loan payment off of us.

Just think, some woman is walking around South Korea right now pregnant with who will become our Son or Daughter! Isn't that crazy! We just keep praying that she takes care of herself and the baby, and that she knows how much we will love the little one that she is giving up. The more and more I read about the experience of the birthmothers in the adoption process, the more I realize how much of a gift adoption truly is. I can't wait, WE can't wait, to "unwrap" our Korean gift!

Happy Holidays!

Kelly and Jon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Jolman family is praying with you and we CANNOT wait to meet your baby. You and Jon are going to be and already are loving great parents! I am looking forward to sharing your joy with you in the years to come~