Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late!!

Hi all! Sorry this post is a day late. Yesterday was a crazy day, and while I started to write an update several times, I never had time to finish it!

I can't believe that June is here, and that we have been waiting 11 months for our referral! No news yet...but I think our time is probably coming! We are now number 3 on the unofficial waiting list on the Bethany message boards, and the family that was number 3 got their referral last week. (That is what is tricky about this self-maintained waiting list that is not a part of Bethany. There are so many different scenarios that happen that allow people to get referrals out of date order. You can sit at #1, the 'next' family to get a referral, for weeks and weeks and see many families who were approved after you get their referral before you....it's weird like that!)

We are trying to not get our hopes up, but still stay positive. I just keep reminding myself that when it is time, we will be matched with the baby that God has planned for us. That is hard some days, but I know it is true.

Hopefully I will have some REAL news before July 15, and if not, I'll post another update then!

Happy Summer!
Kelly and Jon

No comments: